John Sowash’s story is the entrepreneur’s story through and through.
A teacher for years, loving the job but struggling financially, he started to do a little consulting on the side, focusing on technology in the classroom.
Until life presented him with a crossroads.
John decided to go all in – and now he’s making far more than he ever did as a teacher, but without losing touch with his former life as a teacher. Teaching is an important part of his life. He works with school districts and individual teachers on personal and professional development especially as it relates to technology, the use of Google Chromebooks in particular.
In this episode, you’re going to get to know John Sowash including:
- His start as an educator and how his crossroads came about
- How and why he made the transition from teacher to “teacher of teachers”
- What he did to grow his business in the first 90 days
- Lessons he’s learned as an entrepreneur involving risk
- How he’s starting to digitize his business from traditional consultant to online business builderThis isn’t an episode just for teachers wanting to learn how to pivot from being a classroom instructor to being an online business builder. This is a story for any entrepreneur with a specialty and expertise, who need a real-world example of starting a business of working for themselves.
We hope you enjoy this episode of Freelance to Founder with John Sowash.
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us an honest rating on iTunes.
Thank you to our sponsors for supporting this episode:
Radix: In today’s digital world, your personal brand is your web address, your unique niche in the world. Get your space on the internet with a special 90% off offer on 1 & 5 year .space domains! Log on to get.space now and use coupon code “FREELANCETOFOUNDER” to redeem 90% discount on your domain!
LinkedIn Jobs: Reach candidates you can’t find anywhere else. Get your job in front of LinkedIn members who are active on our network, engaged in their careers, and open to new opportunities. Hurry on over toLinkedIn.com/Freelance and get $50 off your first job post.
Care/of: Care/of is a subscription service that makes it easy to get vitamins, protein powders, and more, personalized just for you and delivered straight to your door. For 30% off YOUR first Care/of order, go to TakeCareOf.com and enter the promo code FREELANCE30.
Subscribe for new episodes at freelancetofounder.com.